Under the direction of the Assistant Head, Finance & Operations, the Director of IT is a driving force in the schools’ digital transformation. As a member of the Management Team, and managing a team of 4 IT professionals the Director of IT will lead and develop innovative technologies that support teaching, learning, student life and administrative operations. Using technical expertise, the Director will provide strategic leadership, planning and management in all areas of information technology. This will include developing and overseeing campus-wide technology policies, procedures, services and facilities at an operational and strategic level.
The Director will lead the strategic vision and implementation of the school wide technology plan. They will be responsible to assess operational and academic needs using industry expertise and research to provide technology solutions, programs and initiatives. In consultation with the Assistant Head, Finance & Operations, the Director of IT will oversee the school wide technology budget including operational, capital and long range planning. The Director of IT will contribute to the leadership of the school as a member of the Management team and an advisor to the Board of Directors.
- University or College degree in Computer Science, and/or Information Technology or equivalent preferred.
- 5 years of experience leading a team of IT professionals, preferably in an educational environment;
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and concepts;
- Skill in designing and implementing new IT related procedures, policies and strategies.
- Excellent conflict resolution and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with all stakeholders (students, parents, staff, faculty)
- A proven record of a sustained commitment to professional growth and improvement;
- Ability to initiate new ideas and contribute to the strategic development of the school;
- Innovative, creative and dynamic while staying abreast of latest technology research and programs;
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment;
- Demonstrated track record of management and leadership;
- Experience managing and developing a team;
- Project management experience;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- High level of familiarity and/or expertise with Windows 10 Pro, Windows Server, (including Active Directory), GroupWise, MS Office, Google Docs, and network design, topology and communication;
- Knowledge of Blackbaud software and the Edsby LMS platform would be an asset.
Full job description is available by request. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate(s) must provide a current Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Report. Suitable accommodations are available for applicants with accessibility needs due to disability upon request.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume to: