Commencing September 2019/2020
Internal & External Job Posting (1 Year Contract)
The York School is the first fully accredited school in Canada to offer the International Baccalaureate from preschool to university entrance. A coeducational, independent day school, The York School is renowned for its challenging academic programme and its commitment to experiential learning.
We welcome applications from dynamic and innovative teachers who enjoy collaborating with other teachers, and who wish to participate fully in the life of the school.?
The York School is looking for a French Teacher to teach International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (MYP) French in our Middle and Senior School Divisions. The successful candidate will be an Ontario Certified Teacher with training and experience teaching French as a second language. The key responsibilities include teaching French in the Middle and Senior Schools, collaborative planning, attending meetings, a commitment to participate in co-curricular activities, supervision duties and any other duties related to fulfilling the position.
- Teach IB MYP French?
- Teach within the IB framework and philosophy?
- Facilitate a programme that values executive functioning skill development and social emotional learning?
- Participate in collaborative planning, committees and meetings?
- Offer extra help sessions for students?
- Support and take an active role in the initiatives of the Modern Languages Department?
- Participation in field trips and experiential learning (and overnight) opportunities?
- Supervision & other duties related to the position?
- Coaching & participation in the school community?
- Attendance at meetings, parent evenings, and other events as required?
- Familiarity with experiential learning and progressive pedagogical methods?
- Other duties as assigned.?
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Ontario Teaching Certificate?
- A minimum of 3 years teaching experience?
- Intermediate/Senior French teaching qualifications?
- Experience teaching French in the MYP an asset?
- Knowledge and skills to contribute to the athletic or co-curricular programmes i.e. student leadership, clubs, and teams?
- Honours Specialist in French an asset?
- Ability to teach other subjects is considered an asset?
- Familiarity with Atlas Rubicon and Managebac considered an asset?
- Strong organizational and time management skills?
- Experience and expertise working in a technology-enhanced learning environment?
- Passionate and enthusiastic teacher?
- Highly motivated and energetic?
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills?
- Positive and collaborative team member?
- Flexible and adaptable to an ever-changing environment?
Join Our Community
Like our students, Teachers and Staff at The York School are inquiring, knowledgeable, caring and engaged citizens of the world. Leaders in their field, they are collaborative, open to change and committed to improving lives through education. We are committed to professional development, and provide a competitive compensation and benefit package to our employees.
Accessibility & Equal Opportunity at The York School
At The York School, our mission is to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who are engaged citizens of the world. As such, we are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Upon request, we will accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities within our recruitment process.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF document to the email firstname.lastname@example.org by May 2, 2019. Please make sure to quote the Job Title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.