Appleby College currently has a challenging opportunity for a
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1911, Appleby College’s mission is to educate and enable young men and women to become leaders of character, major contributors to, and valued representatives of their local, national, and international communities.
Appleby inspires its 765 students from grades 7 to 12 to pursue their individual passions through an internationally recognized and innovative academic, athletic, and co-curricular programme that has been founded on the school’s six Pillars of Strength: Academically Vital, Technologically Empowered, Universally Diverse, Community Spirited, Actively Engaged and Globally Responsible.
Appleby’s model of educational excellence enables and encourages its students to learn and discover independently and collaboratively, both inside and outside of the classroom.
Appleby offers the prospect to be part of a high performing team that fosters an inclusive culture with opportunities to collaborate with other inspiring minds. Working at Appleby means that you value diversity, have integrity, and are committed to learning and professional development. We provide an outstanding educational experience to our students by having an exceptional team. Appleby’s foundation for success is attracting and retaining employees who thrive in our dynamic culture that recognizes individual strengths and talents. Breadth, excellence, innovation and caring – this is what defines the essence of the Appleby team.
WHAT WE WANT – THE ROLE
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for coordinating all Appleby payrolls while ensuring compliance with governmental laws and internal reporting requirements. The specific accountabilities include:
- Coordinate and deliver quality payroll, ensuring the processing of monthly and semi-monthly payroll, monthly and year-end reconciliation of T4s, pension adjustments, OTPP and EHT
- Review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures to recommend and implement changes committed to best practices
- Manage and liaise with ADP and HR vendor on issues related to payroll and the HRIS to ensure proper alignment to the school’s requirements
- Provide administration, reconciliation, reporting and remittance of all payroll and benefits plans such as Great West Life, Sunlife, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, Canada Revenue Agency and Ministry of Finance
WHAT YOU NEED
- Post-secondary education
- 5 + years’ experience coordinating payroll process
- Certificate with the Canadian Payroll Association and asset
- General accounting knowledge
- Exceptional skills on MS Office suite (including Outlook) and payroll/HRIS systems, preferably ADP
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Must maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality
WHAT WE HAVE
- Exciting, challenging and rewarding work opportunities
- An atmosphere that promotes and encourages exceptional Professional Development
- State-of-the-art facilities that motivate and engages employees
- Located on a 60-acre campus on the shores of Lake Ontario
- Active engagement in community involvement
- Competitive compensation that will commensurate with skill and experience
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in joining our team; please apply on-line at Appleby College website: www.appleby.on.ca
This vacancy does not have a closing date and applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Your application matters to us and we will review it carefully. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. As a condition of employment, a criminal record check is required.
Appleby is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment where everyone feels valued, respected and supported. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.