Home >> For Educators >> Job Search
Access CIS Ontario member school career opportunities here.
Summer Camp, Volunteer
Seasonal, Summer Camp ProgramsVarious
One-Week Programs June 24th – August 30, 2019
Camps at Appleby College provide coeducational opportunities to develop and advance skills, and to promote interactive skills among participants. Appleby provides excellence within each camp through the use of superb facilities and instruction. In all our programs, we emphasize individual development, participation, co-operation and fun! Appleby’s scenic 60-acre campus offers outstanding academic, art and athletics for all its Camps.
Campers at Appleby experience an exciting week of discovery, friendship, sports and fun! Appleby College offers Discovery Camps, Arts & Media Camps, Science & Success Camps and Sports & Adventure Camps. For a listing of all summer programs offered, please visit Appleby College Summer Camp Programs
As a Volunteer, you will be responsible for directly supporting the Head Instructor within specific sports or arts area. The Volunteers will work as part of a team to ensure a safe, productive and enjoyable experience for all campers.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Provide support to the Head Instructor within the assigned area
- Works cooperatively and participates in all activities of the campers
- Maintain positive relations with Campers, parents and other staff
- Follow all camp procedures and policies to include Appleby’s Mutual Respect policy
- Participate in all required training related to Health & Safety
- Ensure the safety and supervision of all campers
- Applicants for this position should have completed a minimum of Grade 8 and/or be 14 years of age
- Experience working/volunteering with children in a camp setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Team oriented, motivational and creative
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Having participated in Appleby’s Jr. or Sr. Leadership Camp is an asset
- Bronze Cross and/or NLS certification in lifeguarding is an asset
- Coaching certifications experience for Sports Camps is an asset
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR – C (certified on, or after Sept. 2017) is required.
- Attend mandatory training Saturday June 15th 2019 from 9am-11:30am
Appleby College Camps and Academies provide the highest quality of instruction to campers in a fast paced and challenging work environment. Compensation is dependent on experience and qualifications.While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Please apply online by Monday, April 22, 2019 to: Human Resources, Appleby College
Appleby is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment where everyone feels valued, respected and supported. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.