Instructor, Level I
Summer Camps: June 24- August 30, 2019
Camps at Appleby College provide co-educational opportunities to develop advanced skills, and promote interactive skills among participants. Each Appleby camp has the use of superb facilities and offers access to excellent instruction. Our programs emphasize individual development, participation, co-operation and fun!
As a fully accredited member of the Ontario Camps Association (OCA), we adhere to the highest standards of safety, supervision and quality programming. Appleby College offers the following Camp Programs: Early Discovery Camp, Arts & Media Camp, Sports & Adventure Camp, and Science & Success Camp. To learn more, please visit: Appleby College Summer Camp Programs
As the Instructor, Level I, you will be responsible for directly supporting the Head Instructor within the specific area. The Instructor, Level I will work as part of a team to ensure a safe, productive and enjoyable experience for all campers.
· Provide support to the Head Instructor in the planning of activities
· Actively participates in all assigned aspects of the campers’ day including activities, meal times, games, etc.
· Follow all camp procedures and policies to include Appleby’s Mutual Respect policy
· Participate in all required training related to health and safety
· Ensure the safety and supervision of all campers
Knowledge and Skills:
· Secondary school education or minimum completion of Grade 9
· Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
· Team oriented, motivational and creative
· Energetic and enthusiastic
· Bronze Cross and/or NLS certification in lifeguarding is an asset
· Coaching certifications/experience for Sports Camps is an asset
· Successful candidates must attend the required training session Friday May 31- June 2, 2019
· As a condition of employment, a criminal record check with a vulnerable sector screening is required
· Valid Standard First Aid and CPR – C (certified on, or after Sept. 2017) is required
Appleby College Camps and Academies provide the highest quality of instruction to campers in a fast paced and challenging work environment. Compensation is dependent on experience and qualifications.
While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Please apply online by April 22, 2019 to:
Human Resources, Appleby College
Web site: www.appleby.on.ca
Appleby is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment where everyone feels valued, respected and supported. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.