LTO POSITION – INTERMEDIATE/SENIOR FRENCH & HISTORY TEACHER
Founded in 1962, Bayview Glen is an independent, coeducational university preparatory school and member of the CIS, CAIS and Round Square organizations. Our students are challenged to participate at their optimum level, balancing rigorous academic schedules with a wide range of sports, special interest clubs, community service activities and spirited school events.
Bayview Glen is currently looking for an Intermediate/Senior French and History Teacher to fill a maternity leave of absence from August 2019 to January 2020. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for teaching French to Grade 7 and 8 students (as we offer reach-ahead programming, the curriculum studied is Grade 8 French and Grade 9 Core French) and Grade 7 History. The successful candidate will also be the Homeroom Teacher of a Grade 7 class.
Working closely with colleagues, this position will create a positive educational climate for students to learn French and History within the Prep School with the following specific responsibilities:
• Prepares, develops and implements engaging lessons plans for students consistent with the Ministry of Education curriculum;
• Uses a variety of teaching strategies to meet the diverse learning needs of students;
• Incorporates a variety of visual aids, textbooks, creative projects and technology to gain and enhance student involvement;
• Evaluates each student’s learning and performance through class work, assignments and tests;
• Provides additional instruction and support when necessary;
• Fosters healthy relationships with students and faculty to create an enriched learning environment;
• Maintains effective communication with students, parents and faculty;
• Completes required record keeping such as student attendance, grades and report cards;
• Participates in extra-curricular coaching responsibilities.
Qualifications & Skills:
• An Undergraduate Degree with an area of specialization in French and/or History or equivalent;
• A Bachelor of Education Degree at the Intermediate/Senior level with French and History as a teachable subject;
• A member, in good standing, of the Ontario College of Teachers;
• A minimum of three years’ experience teaching Intermediate level French and History;
• Additional qualifications in French and History considered an asset;
• A demonstrated passion within the applicable area of study;
• A thorough understanding of current educational practices in the areas of curriculum planning and assessment;
• Willingness and enthusiasm towards participating in the co-curricular program and school community;
• A commitment toward continued professional growth and development;
• Strong interpersonal, organization, communication and time management skills;
• Experience in an Independent School would be a definite asset.
Bayview Glen offers a competitive salary and RRSP plan and a collegial work environment dedicated to the professional development of all staff.
We invite all qualified candidates to submit a cover letter and resume (combined in one document) to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than April 15, 2019. Please indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for your interest; however only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries or agencies please.
Bayview Glen is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Please contact our Human Resources Department for assistance if required.