Founded in 1913, Crescent is an independent school for boys from grades 3 - 12, located on a park-like 30 acre campus in midtown Toronto. Our students are encouraged to strive for excellence, and to develop their talents in the areas of academics, arts and athletics. Faculty and staff alike model Crescent’s core values of respect, responsibility, compassion and honesty as we foster the development of our graduates to men of character from boys of promise.
Crescent School invites applications for the following position:
Annual Giving Manager
As a dynamic, engaging professional with exceptional relationship building and communication skills, you have a passion for fundraising and constituent relations. You will be responsible for the strategic and tactical management of the School’s annual giving programs, as well as some work with mid-level major gifts and planned giving. Your commitment to your own professional growth is evident in the innovative practices you bring to work, and inspires the development and the growth of your colleagues. In a workplace that is challenging, diverse, warm and fulfilling, your contribution will be valued by the entire community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build relationships with all constituent groups, including parents, staff and alumni, to maximize and strengthen the existing annual giving programs
- Provide reports to the Development Committee and Alumni Executive Committee on the progress of the annual giving programs
- Maximize donation participation through the Alumni Giving Programs and meet or exceed annually set targets
- Coordinate with the Reunion Classes to maximize participation and funds raised, including some focus on mid-level major giving
- Participate and assist with the coordination of events and functions hosted by the Advancement department, which may include some evenings and weekends
The successful candidate will have:
- A postsecondary education plus at least 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated understanding and success with annual giving programs
- Strong communication, organizational, planning and execution skills
- The ability to build relationships with staff, students, alumni and the broader Crescent community
- The ability to manage issues in a calm, creative and solutions-oriented manner
- Experience with databases such as Raiser’s Edge
- A graduate certificate in Fundraising Management, or equivalent, as an asset not a requirement
- A high degree of confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- A growth mindset, curiosity and willingness to accept new perspectives
- Compassion, and a desire to cultivate courage and nurture connection
- Passion as a team player and contribute to a coaching culture of growth and flourishing
- A burning desire to become fully immersed in the School’s positive and progressive culture
Crescent School offers an excellent working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package, including the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan for those who qualify. If you exude passion, creativity, commitment, courage and fun, you will make an impact here! Please apply online at crescent.simplication.com by creating a ‘Management’ account and uploading your letter of application and resume by Tuesday, April 23rd, 2019.
Accommodation for job applicants with disabilities is available upon request.
For further information about Crescent School and employment opportunities please visit our website at www.crescentschool.org . We are actively engaged in building a more diverse school and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We thank all candidates in advance; only those being offered an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.