Founded in 1879, Lakefield College School is a leader among Canada’s independent boarding and day schools and prides itself on its reputation for providing a strong, caring community, a well-rounded program, and a transformational student experience on one of the largest waterfront campuses in the country. Of our total student population of 365, we have 265 students who live on campus, coming from over 40 countries. LCS is a coeducational high school committed to its mission of challenging and enabling students to reach their individual potential in mind body and spirit.
A challenging academic program prepares our high school students to pursue their post-secondary passions in a variety of fields. Our spectacular 315-acre campuses, located just 1.5 hours northeast of Toronto, allow students to be outdoors every day, enjoying a variety of sports, arts, co-curricular programs and experiential learning opportunities across the curriculum. Lakefield College School has a proud 140-year history of educating some of Canada's finest young men and women. Our graduates go on to successful careers in all aspects of business, politics, social services, academia, and the arts. We are particularly proud to have been the alma mater for His Royal Highness The Duke of York, His Majesty King Felipe VI of Spain and four Rhodes Scholars.
As a member of the School Life, Health Services Team, the incumbent is responsible for the provision of health services to students and must act as a resource to support Holistic Care in our Community Health Centre. Please note that this position is a full-time position with rotating day, evening and some weekend day/evening shifts (some overnight on-call for emergency triage).
- Administer healthcare and assess the needs of student to provide treatment and to effectively liaise with physicians and other health care professionals in a busy, on-site clinical environment.
- Interpret the health status of students to parents and school personnel where appropriate.
- Initiate referral to parents, school personnel or community health resources for intervention, remediation and follow-through.
- Provide ongoing health counselling and communication to students, parents, school personnel or health agencies.
- Maintain, evaluate and interpret cumulative health data to accommodate individual needs of students. Document and process information regarding student visits, treatment and appointments.
- Assist with the development of procedures for emergency nursing management for injuries/illnesses.
- Promote and assist in the control of communicable diseases.
- Provide health education and guidance; serve as a resource person to school staff members for follow up student health care.
- Act in accordance with all Health Services and School administrative policies and procedures.
Shifts include the following:
- Weekdays: Monday-Friday: 7:30 am-3:30 pm/3:00 pm-10:00 pm
- Weekend shifts: Saturday: 8:30 am-1:00 pm/1:00 pm-8:00 pm and Sunday: 11:00 am-6:00pm
- Employment schedule is in keeping with the school calendar year September-June.
- Incumbents must be on-site for shifts in the school Health Centre, remaining available for any student as medical needs that arise.
Qualifications and Skills:
- School Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse
- Member in good standing with College of Nurses of Ontario (RN or RPN) and RNAO or RPNAO
- At least three years’ experience in Primary and or Acute care nursing with the ability to translate that skill set to meet the needs of our diverse boarding co-ed student population.
- Basic cardiac life support (BCLS), and CPR certification.
- MHFA, ASIST and or Mental Health experience.
- Familiar with Primary Care Best Practice guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills, good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work with confidence independently with strong problem solving, decision making and organizational abilities.
- Phlebotomy skills and knowledge of Ontario Immunization guidelines and schedules an asset.
- Experience with Adolescents beneficial in the role.
How to apply:
Please complete your profile and submit your resume information through the Careers Section of our website on or before April 30, 2019.
Please Note: LCS is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Please visit our Accessibility page for further details or contact our Human Resources department, email@example.com, for any information in an alternate format. While we appreciate all applications, we can only contact those individuals selected for interviews. LCS is an equal opportunity employer.