The Rosedale Day School
Integrity, Diligence, Respect, Involvement
Director of Academic Innovation
The Rosedale Day School (est.1995) is a co-educational independent elementary school from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8 located in the heart of downtown Toronto and adjacent to the University of Toronto. RDS inspires and develops the authentic character and potential of each child within a supportive values-based educational environment. The School has advanced significantly in teaching and learning, academic programming and physical learning spaces. A new Middle School, along with its first Design Innovation Lab are set to be completed by September 2019. The Rosedale Day School is currently seeking a full-time Director of Academic Innovation. This position will become the newest addition to the RDS Senior Leadership Team and report directly to the Head of School.
- A Bachelor of Education or Master of Education degree and an OCT Membership in good standing. Successful completion of the CAIS Leadership Institute or Next Steps Program would be considered an asset.
- A minimum of five years full-time teaching experience.
- Strong knowledge of the Ontario Curriculum from Kindergarten to Grade 8 and current/relevant student assessment practices.
- A clear understanding and knowledge of how Inquiry Based Learning, Project Based Learning and The Design Thinking Approach to problem solving, align with each other and today’s modern learner to adapt and thrive in a changing world going forward.
- As an instructional leader, support and advance the faculty’s pedagogical knowledge and practice of Inquiry, Project Based Learning and The Design Thinking Approach to problem solving.
- Advance an inspirational learning environment and culture amongst faculty, students and valued institutional partners.
- Mentor faculty and provide relative guidance and feedback towards their professional growth and journey.
- Assist teachers with the integration of technology in their classrooms.
- Possible assignment of a homeroom class.
- Supervision duties at recess, lunch, morning drop off and school trips.
- Provide leadership and execution of the key pillars within the school’s technology plan.
Distinguished Attributes and ‘DNA’ of a Successful Candidate:
- Demonstrated successful experiences at a leadership level in driving strategic change, growth mind-set, mentorship and guidance of faculty.
- A strong comprehension, at the leadership level, of the connection between relationships, culture, performance and execution.
- An enthusiastic work ethic with a commitment to full participation in the life of the school.
- Working knowledge and classroom experience with Google Apps for Education, Hapara and Seesaw apps would be an asset.
- An openness to work collaboratively within a student-centered environment and contribute positively towards a strong faculty culture and morale.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. We support ongoing professional development and leadership opportunities. As a condition of employment, a vulnerable sector screening will be required. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to forward by email only, a cover letter and résumé by
Friday April 5th, 2019, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Rosedale Day School values diversity to enrich and strengthen the unique community that defines our educational institution. Any qualified applicants who require accommodations, please contact Ms. Amanda Hege, Office Administrator (416) 923-4726.