Since 1852, under the direction of the Basilian Fathers, St. Michael’s College School has been educating young men in goodness, discipline, and knowledge for lives of leadership and service, and forming them in faith to present the face of Jesus Christ to a world that is in need of his grace and his peace.
We are Canada’s only Catholic, Basilian, faith-based independent school. We educate young men from Grades 7 to 12 in a university-preparatory programme. Our scholastic environment for all boys is well designed and suited to their particular strengths, aptitudes, and needs. It provides a unique learning and growing experience during which a boy develops the framework of his character and builds the foundation for his life as a man.
In graduating young men who change the world through lives of faith, character, and service, St. Michael’s College School brings integrity, unity, and healing to a fractured and uncertain world.
Whatever the role at St. Michael’s College School, it is more than a job – it is joining a community of likeminded colleagues who embrace the school’s values and deliver those values in everything that they do.
You are an individual who views teaching as a vocation. You are dedicated, thoughtful, self-reflective and you bring your best to your students and classroom every day. You are a professional who is committed to best practices and ongoing professional learning. A Catholic educator who seeks to inspire, challenge and prepare students to become future Catholic leaders within their communities. You are motivated to provide students with an exceptional Catholic liberal arts education, and excited to become involved in the myriad of co-curricular programs offered by our school. You work hard to make students better learners, and better people. You help them to believe in themselves, and to recognize and to choose goodness. And, you can’t imagine doing anything else. It is how you change the world.
If you are this kind of teacher, we invite you to apply to St. Michael’s College School.
As we plan for next academic year, St. Michael’s College School welcomes teacher applicants the following qualifications, abilities and experience:
• Qualifications in Design & Technology Part 1 and Part 2
• Qualifications in Technological Studies, preferably with at least one of the following: Manufacturing, Construction, Technological Design or Computer Technology
• Honour Technological Studies Specialist is preferred
• Experience with design software (such as CAD) and digital fabrication
• Member in Good Standing with the Ontario College of Teachers
• Additional qualifications are deemed assets
• Willingness to uphold the Catholic faith and its teachings and values, and can provide a letter from your parish priest confirming that you are a practicing Catholic
• Working knowledge of the Ontario curriculum, specifically with Growing Success
• Ability to foster a caring and professional rapport with students
• Ability to work well with SMCS faculty and staff, parents, and guardians
• Religious Education, Part 1 is an asset
• Training and experience with inquiry-based and problem-based learning (Deep Learning) is an asset
• Experience with the following co-curricular activities are deemed assets:
• Experience coaching at the secondary school level
• Experience directing, producing or assisting with theatre productions
Reports to: Principal
Rate of Pay: As per the SMCSTA Collective Agreement.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter, OCT Member info page, and resume to Human Resources at St. Michael’s College School by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Teacher” in the subject line.
Deadline for this application process is March 29, 2019.
We thank all candidates in advance. However, we will contact only those selected for an interview. No phone calls or agencies, please.
To work at St. Michael's College School, all employees must provide a Police Vulnerable Sector check and review and complete the Child Protection Policy Questionnaire. Please click here for more information.
St. Michael's College School will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
The Leader in Catholic Boys’ Education