Chandaria Research Centre Research Assistant
Employment Terms: Part-Time, 12-month contract
Start Date: ASAP
Branksome Hall, a leading independent International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for girls challenges and inspires girls to love learning and shape a better world. Through the unique combination of wellbeing, outstanding academics and international mindedness, Branksome Hall students and employees become impactful leaders. The school offers a strong liberal arts curriculum that develops critical thinking and inquiry skills. Our graduates are accepted by the leading universities in Canada and around the world.
The Chandaria Research Centre for Girls’ Learning Well-being and International mindedness pushes our understandings of teaching and learning in the 21st century. The Research Assistant will participate in the design, execution and reporting of various Chandaria Research Centres projects. Under the supervision of the Director, Chandaria Research Centre, the Research Assistant is responsible for one or more of the following tasks which include preparing resources, literature reviews, assisting with research studies, documenting results, and writing reports. In this casual, part-time role, the research assistant would also be responsible for attending a weekly meeting.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- A Conducting and Writing Literature Reviews:
- Collecting documents, conducting library research, reviewing research and writing literature reviews or annotated bibliographies to support projects, proposals or applications for granting agencies.
- Supporting Research Projects as Needed:
- Collecting, interpreting, synthesizing, and/or analysing data;
- Creating research instruments;
- Recruiting and/or interviewing subjects;
- Maintaining accurate records of interviews and safeguarding according to research procedures;
- Scheduling, organizing and reporting on the status of research activities;
- Providing ready access to data to the Director and other authorized individuals;
- Preparing progress reports and summarizing project results.
- Writing and editing, under the guidance of the Director, articles, reports, community updates and presentations on the work done in the Chandaria Research Centre;
- Creating research-based information Guides to support faculty development;
- Attending weekly project meetings and other meetings as necessary.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A Master’s or Doctoral candidate with experience with projects in one of the following areas: girls’ learning, international mindedness, innovation and/or well-being in education;
- Practical experience with youth or in a school setting is preferred;
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills, strong statistical analysis skills using research software such as SPSS or SAS;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to apply sound research techniques, methodology;
- Ability to work accurately and problem solve technical and methodological issues that arise during the course of research;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written;
- Excellent problem solving and data analysis skills;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to the work on multiple projects and the flexibility to adapt as needed to the demands of initiatives;
- Understands and demonstrates an enthusiasm for being part of a new endeavor at Branksome Hall;
- Proficient in use of word processing and presentation software (Microsoft Word/PowerPoint) and laptops.
To apply for this opportunity, please visit our careers page and submit your cover letter and resume by Monday, February 25, 2019.
Branksome Hall is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in all parts of the recruitment and selection process at Branksome Hall.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about working at Branksome Hall, please visit http://thinkerswanted.ca or http://www.branksome.on.ca