Employment Terms: Part Time, Contract
Start Date: Monday, March 25, 2019
End Date: Wednesday, May 22, 2019
Branksome Hall, a leading independent International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for girls challenges and inspires girls to love learning and shape a better world. Through the unique combination of wellbeing, outstanding academics and international mindedness, Branksome Hall students and employees become impactful leaders. The school offers a strong liberal arts curriculum that develops critical thinking and inquiry skills. Our graduates are accepted by the leading universities in Canada and around the world.
Branksome Hall is seeking tennis coaches for our U13 and U14 teams. Coaches are responsible for team tryouts, helping with team selection, designing and implementing practice plans, assisting with the delivery of practices and coaching games. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Athletics and must be able to attend all practices and games, including the Conference of Independent Schools Athletics Association (CISAA) championships.
This position requires flexibility in both hours and days of work. Hours will vary between 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., Monday to Thursday.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Instruct and demonstrate age-appropriate skills and techniques necessary for individual team improvement and achievement;
- Plans, sets-up and implements practices and games;
- Delivers appropriate coaching strategies for the age and stage requirements when coaching an all-female team;
- Develops practice and game plans that align with Canada’s Sport For Life Long-term Athlete Development Framework;
- Emphasizes athletic principle, commitment and wellbeing;
- Follows CISAA sport guidelines;
- Maintains a safe environment and facilities for athletes at all times;
- Supervises students in locker rooms at home and away games and ensures appropriate behavior;
- Travels with athletes on the team bus both to and from games;
- Ensures proper cleaning, storage, and maintenance of all athletic equipment;
- Makes recommendations regarding the purchase of equipment and supplies;
- Communicates with co-coach, athletes, parents and Director of Athletics in a timely manner;
- Interacts thoughtfully and courteously with athletes, staff, parents and officials and resolves conflict in a professional manner;
- Represents the school and the Association in interactions with parents, community, staff and athletes professionally;
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- NCCP Level 1 Certified or equivalent experience;
- 3 years’ experience coaching at the middle school, high school or club level;
- CPR and First Aid training.
To apply for this opportunity, please visit our careers page and submit your cover letter and resume by Monday, February 25, 2019.
Branksome Hall is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in all parts of the recruitment and selection process at Branksome Hall.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about working at Branksome Hall, please visit www.thinkerswanted.ca or http://www.branksome.on.ca