Senior Development Officer, Database Management
Employment Terms: Full Time, Permanent
Branksome Hall, a leading independent International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for girls challenges and inspires girls to love learning and shape a better world. Through the unique combination of wellbeing, outstanding academics and international mindedness, Branksome Hall students and employees become impactful leaders. The school offers a strong liberal arts curriculum that develops critical thinking and inquiry skills. Our graduates are accepted by the leading universities in Canada and around the world.
As a member of the Advancement and Community Engagement team, the Senior Development Officer, Database Management (SDO) will coordinate and work with the Raiser’s Edge database, that holds and tracks information related to donors, donations, alumnae, current and prospective donors.
Ensuring that the data is current and relevant, the incumbent is also responsible for data integrity, improvement, analysis, reporting, and database and web integration. Reporting to the Associate Director, Development the SDO also coordinates relevant payment management to maximize fundraising revenue, communication impact and outreach.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Create, update and maintain overall systems for Raiser’s Edge including but not limited to effective set up and maintenance of database codes, accuracy of donor and prospect names, salutations and contact information, maintain accurate soft credit and pledge input, etc.;
- Database analysis and reporting including, but not limited to, managing all requests for information from Raiser’s Edge and develop queries, exports and reports required for reconciliation, audit, analysis, strategic planning, donor recognition programs, etc.;
- Gift entry, acceptance and acknowledgement, providing letters, tax receipts ensuring compliance with CRA regulations;
- Create, update and maintain overall systems for Blackbaud NetCommunity, manage user records, assign security and manage distribution of email communication.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Related post-Secondary education, or equivalent combination of experience and education;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Raiser’s Edge;
- Three or more years of database experience, ideally in the non-profit sector;
- Experience in an independent school or higher education would be considered an asset;
- Experience with Blackbaud NetCommunity would be considered an asset;
- Experience with upgrading/improving information systems and familiarity with income tax receipting requirements as mandated by the CRA;
- Superior time and project management skills;
- Strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills;
- A demonstrated ability to contribute to strategic thinking and planning while providing recommendations to improve processes and results;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- Understanding of Financial Edge would be considered an asset.
To apply for this opportunity, please visit our careers page and submit your cover letter and resume by Monday, February 25, 2019.
Branksome Hall is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in all parts of the recruitment and selection process at Branksome Hall.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about working at Branksome Hall, please visit www.thinkerswanted.ca or http://www.branksome.on.ca