Appleby College currently has a challenging opportunity for an
IT Client Support Representative - Full-time
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 1911, Appleby College’s mission is to educate and enable young men and women to become leaders of character, major contributors to, and valued representatives of their local, national, and international communities.
Appleby inspires its 765 students from grades 7 to 12 to pursue their individual passions through an internationally recognized and innovative academic, athletic, and co-curricular programme that has been founded on the school’s six Pillars of Strength: Academically Vital, Technologically Empowered, Universally Diverse, Community Spirited, Actively Engaged and Globally Responsible.
Appleby’s model of educational excellence enables and encourages its students to learn and discover independently and collaboratively, both inside and outside of the classroom.
Appleby offers the prospect to be part of a high performing team that fosters an inclusive culture with opportunities to collaborate with other inspiring minds. Working at Appleby means that you value diversity, have integrity, and are committed to learning and professional development. We provide an outstanding educational experience to our students by having an exceptional team. Appleby’s foundation for success is attracting and retaining employees who thrive in our dynamic culture that recognizes individual strengths and talents. Breadth, excellence, innovation and caring – this is what defines the essence of the Appleby team.
WHAT WE WANT – THE ROLE
The IT Client Support Representative is the client-face of the Information Technology service desk and plays a pivotal role in the experience provided for technical support ensuring a high level of service standards and client satisfaction.
The accountabilities include:
- Create a friendly and open environment in which staff, faculty and students feel comfortable seeking technical assistance
- Resolve technical issues and build positive relationships through active listening, effective troubleshooting and ongoing communication and follow-up; escalate advanced issues within IT team as required
- Encourage end-users to enhance their technical skill-set by conducting informative and interactive training i.e. one-to-one, small groups, and large faculty/class groups
- Act as a champion for the use of technology by proactively seeking solutions, obtaining feedback and making recommendations to improve academic and operational functions
- Aid in providing superior service by prioritizing, documenting and tracking reported issues
- Contribute to team effort by working collaboratively with IT members and other internal partners to successfully plan and implement new technologies and processes
- Safeguard Appleby, staff, students and partners by ensuring IT policies and procedures regarding usage, security and standards are adhered to
- Provide back-up support to IT team members when necessary
WHAT YOU NEED
- Post-secondary education specializing in a technology related field
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strong problem solving and research skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience supporting clients with Microsoft and Apple operating systems and applications
- Experience using a call tracking or ticketing system an asset
- Comfortable with training large groups
- Ability to work on simultaneous projects, with priority set by IT service standards
WHAT WE HAVE
- Exciting, challenging and rewarding work opportunities
- An atmosphere that promotes and encourages exceptional Professional Development
- State-of-the-art facilities that motivate and engages employees
- Located on a 60-acre campus on the shores of Lake Ontario
- Active engagement in community involvement
- Competitive compensation package
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in joining our team; please connect with us by January 20, 2019.
Your application matters to us and we will review it carefully. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
As a condition of employment, a criminal record check is required.
Appleby College website: www.appleby.on.ca
Appleby is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment where everyone feels valued, respected and supported. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.