University of Toronto Schools (UTS) is a merit based university preparatory school, grades 7 through 12, affiliated with the University of Toronto. UTS offers high achieving students a specialized curriculum and a unique co-educational learning environment that encourages creative interests and physical activity as well as a sense of social responsibility. UTS graduates are admitted to highlight selective North American colleges and universities, many on scholarships. UTS is renowned for education generations of outstanding graduates including two Nobel Laureates, 21 Rhodes Scholars and numerous leaders in commerce, industry, academics, the arts, sports, government and public service.
UTS is currently looking for an Accounting Clerk, with a strong knowledge of accounting systems and Microsoft Excel to join the Finance Department on a part-time basis.
This is a new position with a minimum time commitment of 21 hours a week. The ideal candidate will have some university education and a Minimum two (2) years administrative and/or accounting/bookkeeping experience. Knowledge of Financial Edge would be a definite asset.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to
- Checking for accuracy of bills and matching receipts with MasterCard statement
- Matching, coding and posting bills
- Following up of incoming payments and late payments
- Processing student payment through “Cash on Line”
- Entering deposits and enrollment fee into system
- Refunding tuition deposits with approval as required
- Recording NSF payments and late interest charges
- Handling Student activity billings
- Processing weekly deposits
- Scanning incoming cheques to the Bank
- Monitoring outstanding balances on student accounts and initiate communications and actions to collect
- Input new student information into Database (Financial Edge),
- Updating student & parent address / names,
- Provide office admin duties
- Scanning accounting documents
- Filing documents and other duties as assigned
Qualification and Skill Requirement:
- Minimum 2 years administrative and/or accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Ability to prioritize tasks according to importance
- Strong Knowledge of accounting systems and Microsoft Excel
- Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to work independently
- Self-motivated, effective computer skills and communication skills
- University degree or college certificate
Compensation: $27 per hour (plus 4% vacation)
Application Deadline: January 24, 2019
Resumes should be submitted to:
Human Resources OfficeUniversity of Toronto SchoolsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Toronto Schools is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
We thank all candidates in advance; however, will contact only those selected for an interview. No phone calls please. If selected for an interview please inform us if you require any accommodations.
For more information please visit www.utschools.ca