Located in Port Hope, Ontario, Trinity College School (TCS) is a leading co-educational boarding and day school for approximately 550 young people from Grades 5-12. Founded in 1865, the School places a balanced emphasis on academics, service learning, athletics and the arts – as both a long-held TCS tradition and a thoughtful approach to 21st century education.
Trinity College School is looking to fill the following positions with a start date of August 22, 2019:
9 positions | Contract for academic year running from August 2019 to June 2020
TCS is seeking outstanding and dynamic teachers who are current members of the Ontario College of Teachers. Reporting to the Director of Teaching & Learning, the successful candidates will be directly involved in the academic program of the School, covering classes, assisting experienced teachers, leading evening extra help classes, working with the day or residential house system, and other support roles related to teaching and learning.
Faculty Associates will be provided with room and board on campus and will be fully engaged in the co-curricular life of the School, including coaching athletics and/or working with the performing arts. Paid contracts (including health and dental benefits) are for the duration of the ten-month contract and are fully pensionable.
Eight positions will serve a range of academic departments in the Senior School (Grades 9–12) and one position will serve the Junior School (Grades 5–8, day program). The successful Junior School candidate will work in the day program in all four grades; having a background in math or French will be an asset. The successful Senior School candidates will have experience in one or more of the following academic disciplines, varsity sports and practicum placement work:
- Senior Math, including practicum experience in MCR3U, MDM4U, MHF4U or MCV4U
- Senior Chemistry, including practicum experience in SCH3U or SCH4U
- Senior Biology, including practicum experience in SBI3U or SBI4U
- Senior Physics, including practicum experience in SPH3U or SPH4U
- Special Education, including practicum experience and/or course work related to learning differences
- Social Sciences, Canadian and World Studies, Humanities
- The Arts (Music, Visual Arts, Drama)
- English, including ESL instruction and experience teaching academic writing and grammar
- Languages, including practicum experience in French, Spanish, German or Latin
- Health and Physical Education
- Computer Studies, including practicum experience in TGJ2O, TGJ3M, ICS2O/3U/4U
- Coaching or varsity athletic experience in field hockey, ice hockey, football, soccer, basketball, volleyball, rugby, track and field, squash, badminton, competitive swimming, cross-country running
- Current NLS (National Lifeguard Service) certification, or ability to achieve this qualification prior to September, is an asset
Please email a covering letter and résumé, in PDF format, expressing interest to:
Myke Healy, Director of Teaching & Learning
Trinity College School
55 Deblaquire Street North, Port Hope, ON L1A 4K7
Email: email@example.com | For more information, visit www.tcs.on.ca/employment.
Application deadline is February 3, 2019.
Trinity College School thanks all applicants for their interest, but can acknowledge only those selected for an interview.
TCS is an equal opportunity employer. Trinity College School is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. The School will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.