Founded in 1901, St. Clement’s School is one of Canada’s leading independent schools for girls, boasting a dynamic and close-knit community of approximately 470 students from Grade 1 to Grade 12. With 100% acceptance to top universities across Canada and around the world, our girls have the confidence to pursue their dreams and know that they can be successful.
Although rooted in tradition, SCS is uniquely innovative and creative, dedicated to fostering curiosity in our girls; uncovering and enhancing their passions; and giving them the courage to try new things. The Office of Advancement is dedicated to supporting and enhancing St. Clement’s School’s mission through leading and managing:
- Fundraising and development activities
- Alumnae and community relations
- Marketing and communications.
Members of the Advancement team work closely with the School leadership, families, volunteers, and alumnae, to support the Strategic Plan of the School and to foster strong relationships with the St. Clement’s community and beyond.
We invite applications for the full-time position of:
Reporting to the Executive Director of Advancement (EDA), the Advancement Officer is a key member of a small, yet highly effective team. This position will support the Annual Fund by working with our Annual Fund Reps, ensuring database integrity, and aiding in the preparation of communication tools including the annual direct mail program. This position will also be responsible for event execution across programs.
The candidate will be a self-starter, effective relationship builder and communicator. This highly organized and detail-oriented individual will work to foster collaboration and professionalism within the Advancement team and will handle confidential material with the utmost discretion and sensitivity. Areas of responsibility include:
Fundraising and Stewardship
- Develop and foster ongoing relationships with students, families, alumnae, staff and donors to enhance and encourage charitable giving
- Manage and coordinate the direct mail program
- Coordinate and oversee the Annual Fund Rep volunteer program
- Manage the SCS Staff Campaign; work with staff volunteer on strategy
- With the EDA, Senior Development Officer and Communications team, develop print, web and electronic materials to support initiatives and build awareness within the SCS community
- Produce written proposals, slide-deck presentations and impact reports for donors and prospects and participate in the production of the Annual Report of Giving
- Conduct prospect research, draft research profiles and briefing notes for donor meetings
- Coordinate Advancement Committee meetings and prepare meeting minutes
- Maintain accurate moves management records in Raiser’s Edge (RE) across programs
- Provide ongoing updates and general maintenance of the Donor Recognition Wall
Database, Operations & Administration
- All aspects of the Advancement database Raiser’s Edge including: data entry and integrity; research; preparation and production of reports, mailing lists and database policies and procedures; in collaboration with IT, software updates and maintenance
- Generate tax receipts, thank-you letters, pledge reminders and Annual Fund Rep reports
- Prepare batch deposits, monthly/yearly reconciliations, receipt reports and manage annual audit requests in conjunction with the Finance Department
- Assist EDA with Parents’ Association activities
- Support the Advancement Department’s Parent Engagement program
- Provide administrative support as required
- Plan and implement events that allow for interaction with current and prospective donors
- Work with and supervise a variety of volunteer groups (alumnae, parents, students, staff etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Occasional evening and weekend work required
Requirements, Experience and Qualifications:
- A university degree
- 2 – 3 years of fundraising office experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a strong professional presence
- Fundraising program and communication experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Raiser’s Edge or a similar database system
- Approachable and collaborative working style, demonstrates high levels of trust and integrity
- Superb verbal and written communications skills
- Superior organizational and project management skills
- Prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines; works well with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem-solving and research skills
- Budget management and supplier negotiation
- High proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Required Attributes: authentic, outgoing, personable, proactive, detail oriented and results-focused, inclusive, confidential, self-motivated, efficient, calm, flexible and dependable.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. We support and encourage ongoing professional development and leadership opportunities. As a condition of employment, a criminal record check is required.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to forward a letter of application and a detailed résumé by end of day Friday, November 24, 2017, to email@example.com.
To learn more about St. Clement’s School, please visit our website at www.scs.on.ca.
St. Clement’s is an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, if you require accommodations at any time throughout the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the closing date so the appropriate arrangements can be made.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.