Havergal College is a pre-eminent Canadian independent school for girls from JK to Grade 12. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our faculty and staff as our Advancement Officer, Donor Relations and Stewardship. This is a 2 year contract with option to renew.
Under the direction of the Manager, Community Relations, and in partnership with the advancement and community relations team, the Advancement Officer, Donor Relations and Stewardship ensures that donors experience high-quality interactions, fostering long-term engagement and investment. This involves providing appropriate acknowledgment, recognition and stewardship that conveys ongoing appreciation for the positive impact a donor’s gift has on fulfilling the School’s mission.
• Develops, maintains and evaluates, on an ongoing basis, a recognition system that appropriately celebrates Havergal College’s donor community including:
- Recognition systems for cumulative, special campaigns and giving societies.
• Works with the Events Manager to arrange events that celebrate our donor community and transformational gifts made to the School.
• Develops, coordinates and maintains an acknowledgement matrix for gifts to the College.
- Runs reports and analyzes donor data to determine priorities for appropriate levels of gift acknowledgement.
- Prepares and/or reviews all gift acknowledgments and thank you letters.
- Produces customized acknowledgement letters for major donors, Governors, and Trustees on behalf of the Executive Director, Advancement and Community Relations, the Principal, and the Chair of the Board of Governors.
• Develops, coordinates and maintains an effective stewardship program for all donors.
- Works closely with Faculty and Advancement staff to report to donors on the use of gifts.
- Collaborates with Advancement Officers to develop customized stewardship plans for major donors.
- Notifies advancement staff of activities related to their assigned donors.
- Works with the advancement and communications staff to create effective, impactful stewardship materials.
- Prepares pledge reminder statements as required.
- Prepares and distributes endowment reports annually.
- Other recognition and stewardship duties as needed/assigned.
• Participates in professional development opportunities in donor relations.
• Identifies, evaluates and recommends best practices for donor relations and stewardship.
Experience & Qualifications:
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must possess the following experience, qualification, knowledge, and/or ability:
• A university degree ?
• Minimum 3 - 5 years experience, preferably in development, stewardship, or advancement services.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills ? ?
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and a strong professional presence?
• Approachable and collaborative working style, demonstrates high levels of trust and integrity ?
• Above average attention to detail.
• The ability to work within an environment that emphasizes teamwork as well as individual initiative
• Sensitivity, tact, and diplomacy
• The ability to honor confidentiality
• High proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Experience with a fundraising database
Employment and Application Details
Havergal College offers an excellent working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Please submit your letter of application, accompanied by resume by November 21, 2017 in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Advancement Officer, Donor Relations and Stewardship ” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Havergal College is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations please contact Cathy LeBlanc at 416-483-3519 ext. 6605 or by email at email@example.com.