Internationally acclaimed for its unique environment and expertise in the particular learning needs of girls, The Bishop Strachan School (BSS) has built a reputation over its long history as an undisputed leader in education. Offering a challenging, lively and creative atmosphere and a roster of uniquely qualified faculty and staff, BSS inspires each student to find her passion, pursue her dreams and reach her potential through a rigorous academic program.
Helping students become smart, independent, compassionate young women, BSS provides the tools, technology and innovation required to thrive in post-secondary pursuits and beyond. Our unique whole girl approach, commitment to excellence and embodiment of strong values create a profound and powerful learning environment within a supportive, engaged community.
To support our mission of providing our students with the best educational experience, we strive for excellence in every facet of the organization - including providing a stimulating, creative and lively work environment that attracts the best staff and faculty. We are seeking the right candidate to fill the position of:
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic communications professional to create strong relationships within the school's community as you seek out and share the fascinating stories that make BSS a centre of innovation. You have a high level of energy and professionalism, good journalistic instincts and a proven talent in leveraging today's print and digital channels for specific audiences. As an integral member of a small communications team, you will find creative, effective ways to promote the school's vision, mission and values drawing upon your strong communications and digital media experience.
Reports to: Director of Communications
Summary of Position:
The Communications Co-ordinator is responsible for generating engaging and timely community communications on digital and print platforms in pursuit of the strategic objectives of the department and the school.
Specific Accountabilities Include:
- Acts as ‘roving reporter’ throughout the school community to generate relevant stories
- Generates on-campus photography and video, and oversees work of professional photographers and producers
- Executes and enhances the department’s digital media strategy, including managing websites, social media and internal digital outreach, and maintaining a robust editorial calendar
- Liaises with departments within the school to write, edit and produce collateral publications and content for print and digital platforms, incorporating BSS brand and communications standards
- Organizes and maintains a multi-media library and upholds the efficiency of the department’s processes
- Generates and leverages data for analysis and course corrections
- Supports inbound marketing strategies
- Other related duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience and Attributes Include:
- Minimum 3 years communications experience, preferably in a not-for-profit, agency and/or educational setting
- Communications degree or diploma and/or a combination of related experience
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and communication skills
- Proven photography, video editing and production skills
- Experience with content management systems (CMS), social media management and analytics tools, including web-based applications, CRM, and Google Analytics
- Expertise in the use of graphic editing tools, including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience in leveraging social media to enhance community relations and marketing outreach
- Proven expertise with live streaming applications – YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram and Facebook Live
- Positive, creative, collaborative and organized
- Ability to manage changing priorities, concurrent projects and demanding deadlines with humour and flexibility
- Commitment to and passion for the vision, mission and values of the school.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at The Bishop Strachan School by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Communications Co-ordinator in the subject line.
We thank all candidates in advance.
We will, however, contact only those selected for an interview.
We believe that diversity in our School fosters a rich, inclusive and creative environment.
We are actively engaged in building a more diverse school and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Visit us at www.bss.on.ca