Senior Administrative Coordinator
Reports to: Acting Head of Senior School
Education: College Diploma/University Degree;
Diploma in Office Administration or equivalent field is preferred
Experience: 5+ years progressive administrative experience
Experience in an Independent School
Experience in not for profit environment (an asset)
Fluent in Microsoft Office & Google Office
Comfort in a Mac based environment
Working Conditions: School/Office Environment
Sitting at Computer (frequent)
St. Mildred’s-Lightbourn School
Inspired Girls. Empowered Women. St. Mildred’s-Lightbourn School (SMLS) is recognized as one of the premier independent schools in the country and brings a long history of educational excellence to girls from preschool to university entrance. For well over a century, SMLS has helped develop courageous girls who challenge and change the world.
SMLS has an opening for a full time Senior Administrative Coordinator to coordinate student services functions, provide administrative support, and help with initiatives led by the Head of Senior School. This role will also have people management responsibilities and provide oversight and mentoring to other administrative professionals.
The successful candidate is enthusiastic, articulate and a creative administrative professional who communicates with ease and confidence. You thrive working in a fast paced, team environment and while remaining calm under pressure. You are a critical thinker who demonstrates initiative, integrity and attention to detail. Working closely with the Head of Senior School, University Guidance Counsellor, and other Administrative Coordinators, you are flexible and well organized and you ensure exceptional customer service to all stakeholders at all times.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience
We are seeking a dynamic, exemplary administrative professional with the following key qualities and a willingness to continue to develop and grow as a professional:
Student Services Support
- Oversee management of all Ontario Student Records (OSRs) including managing OSR requests/mailings, filing of required documentation, filing report cards, etc.
- Create and update various spreadsheets
- Maintain up to date information in Trevlac database (including student information, OEN’s, student community service hours, etc).
- Coordination of ongoing student activities (i.e. Annual School photo day, Grad Photo Day)
Senior School Support
- Daily attendance management administration for Senior School
- Coordinate coverage (internal and external) for Faculty absences via internal on-calls or organizing supply teacher coverage of classes
- Calendar management including scheduling meetings for Head of Senior School
- Provide ongoing administrative support to Head of Senior School
- Daily reception coverage and back up coverage during absence of other team members
- Support the coordination of Senior School closings including ordering, logistics, etc.
- Assist with management of classroom/room bookings
- Ad hoc special projects or assignments as assigned by Head of Senior School
- Cross-training and back-up support for other administrative staff duties as needed
People Management & Continuous Improvement
- Provide day to day people management and oversight for other administrative professionals
- Provide mentoring and cross-training and work collaboratively to ensure smooth functioning of all academic administrative functions
- Lead by example and bring an exceptional customer service focus
- Bring new ideas and best practices to continuously improve administrative systems and processes
St. Mildred’s-Lightbourn School provides a competitive compensation package including health, dental, and retirement savings for Staff members.
If you are interested in joining the School team and playing an integral role in the development of young women, please your cover letter and resume to email@example.com indicating “Senior Administrative Coordinator” in the subject line.
We appreciate and thank all applicants for your interest in SMLS, however, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
SMLS is an equal opportunity employer and we accommodate any needs under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code.