Trafalgar Castle School is looking for enthusiastic, energetic Summer Camp Counsellors and Lifeguards for our co-ed Day Camp.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Assist in organizing, preparing and implementing all daily activities, games, arts & crafts, and special events
- Identify and respond to camper behaviour issues.
- Act as a role model for the campers with appropriate dress, manners, and language.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
Proven leadership skills
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Enthusiastic attitude and keenness to engage in camp activities
Empathetic approach and patient demeanour
- Ability to organize and implement program activities.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduates are preferred.
Current First Aid/CPR qualifications are required
Candidates with NLS and/or swim instructor qualifications are encouraged to apply
- Experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field is an asset.
Candidates must be able to attend Summer Staff Training June 23, 2016.
Camp runs Monday to Friday from July 4 through to August 26, 2016.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by April 10, 2016 to:
Human Resources Manager
Trafalgar Castle School thanks all interested candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Trafalgar Castle School is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any stage during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources so that we may work with you to meet your needs.