Home >> Latest News
News from CIS Ontario and our member schools.
Flourish: Positive Education Conference
Posted 02/25/2019 07:46AM
Dear CIS Ontario Community,
I am excited to officially launch and invite you and the members of your learning community to Flourish: Positive Education Conference, hosted by Ridley College in St. Catharine's, Ontario on June 16th and 17th, 2019.
- Please click here to read more about our dynamic speakers and our opening night reception and PosEd party.
- We are honoured to be hosting speakers from Australia, Mexico, the United States and across Canada, while welcoming delegates from around the world. We are looking forward to one and a half days of learning, networking and professional growth.
- The conference is aimed at JK-Higher Education educators who are interested in the science of Positive Psychology and its application in school communities. Social emotional learning, resilience training, wellbeing, relational learning and the impact on learning and student achievement are at the heart of positive education. If your school is pursuing these topics, please consider attendingFlourish: Positive Education Conference.
- A pre- & post- conference learning opportunity is available thanks to our partners at The Flourishing Center. Click here to learn more about The Positive Education Certification, a 5 day training institute offered onsite at Ridley College (June 15th – 20th)
- Please share with your colleagues and encourage them to register as soon as possible. Hotel rooms are reserved, but are limited.
We encourage you to send this information along to fellow educators who would are interested in positive education, and the connection between student wellbeing and learning.
We look forward to hosting you for this unique learning experience in June! If you have any questions or recommendations, please do not hesitate to reach out.