- Student Programs
The 2022 INCITE prompt asked CIS Ontario students in grades 7-12 to write a short story, poem, essay, dramatic scene, or create a photo essay that follows the prompt “Write a Thriller.” This year we were excited to have Amy Stuart, author of Still Mine, as the judge.
Prompt: Write a Thriller
You arrive, in a small group, at a mysterious place. An abandoned castle or cabin deep in the forest, perhaps, or a cave, or even an empty amusement park since reclaimed by nature. This place keeps secrets. You’re about to uncover them.
~ Parachute into the story right where the prompt begins. The reader needs to anticipate multiple possibilities, and as the story unfolds, they will figure out which is the truth.
The 2022 INCITE Student Writing Competition winners were announced at the annual CITE Conference, where Amy Stuart hosted an online writing workshop for the finalists, who represented nine CIS Ontario schools. Stuart praised the experimental, gorgeous, chilling, poetic, and haunting stories. Congratulations to the top three winners from each category:
- 1st place: Aryana Kapur, TMS
- 2nd place: Leah Shenishevska, The Country Day School
- 3rd place: Willow Torgerson, The Bishop Strachan School
- 1st place: Anna Freitas, St. Clement’s School
- 2nd place: Bryony Chan, The Bishop Strachan School
- 3rd place: Theo James Brennan, Elmwood School
- 1st place: Madelyn Tuns, Crestwood Preparatory College
- 2nd place: Chara Qi, Appleby College
- 3rd place: Ella Schoep, Trafalgar Castle School
- Honourable mention: William Wang, UTS University of Toronto Schools
Thank you to all of the students for their submissions. Winners will receive prizes and their entries will be published in our annual INCITE book.