February 15, 2023 was League Championship race day for the 5 week long CISAA Alpine Ski season. Beginning in mid January, skiers race every Wednesday. The first two race Wednesdays are Giant Slalom format, the second two race Wednesdays are Slalom format, and the last Wednesday, the Championship Race day, includes one Slalom run and one Giant Slalom run, combined time.
The CISAA Alpine Ski competitors fall into three categories, designated as:
- U14 (grade 8 or under) – boys (U14B) and girls (U14G),
- High School Team (school trained) – boys (HSB) and girls (HSG). These student participants are school trained athletes. They have NO ski league affiliation and race training beyond the U12 category.
- Open Team (club trained) – boys (OB) and girls (OG). These student participants are athletes who have ski league affiliation and race training beyond the U12 category.
The CISAA Alpine Ski League has grown over the years and there is always great competition between schools. This season each race saw our highest participation numbers with between 275–320 racers each week, from 19 CIS Ontario member schools.
To be eligible for a League Championship plaque, a team must have raced in at least three races, including the Championships. A team’s best giant slalom and slalom finish combined with the championships will determine the plaque recipients. In the case of a tie for the plaque, the team with the best result at the championships will be declared the winner.
Individual league athlete awards are determined by accumulating points for an athlete for their top result in giant slalom and slalom race, combined with their league championship result.
League races were held at Mansfield Ski Club, Alpine Ski Club, Devil's Glen, Caledon Ski Club, and the final race Championships were at Mansfield Ski Club. Weather threatened to detail our League Championship race day but we were fortunate to only experience a little bit of rain in the morning and again in the afternoon.
Congratulations to our 2023 Alpine Ski League Championship schools! Click the links to read more about each win.
- U14 Girls - Branksome Hall
- U14 Boys - St. Andrew's College
- High School Girls: De La Salle College
- High School Boys: St. Andrew's College
- Open Girls: Trinity College School
- Open Boys: Royal St. George's College
Academic & Post Secondary Advisor, Rosseau Lake College
CISAA Alpine Skiing Convenor