Founded in 1962, Bayview Glen is an independent, coeducational university preparatory school and member of the CIS, CAIS and Round Square organizations. Our students are challenged to participate at their optimum level, balancing rigorous academic schedules with a wide range of sports, special interest clubs, community service activities and spirited school events.
Lead Senior Kindergarten Teacher – LTO Position
Bayview Glen is currently looking for a Lead Senior Kindergarten Teacher to fill a maternity leave of absence for a contract period starting in January 2018 and ending in June 2018. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for planning and implementing a program designed to facilitate and promote the physical, intellectual, social and emotional development of children in the early stage of their elementary school experience. This includes providing the lessons, tools and assessments for students to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence required for advancement to higher education. The Senior Kindergarten Teacher will build a classroom environment that is always clean, safe, respectful, nurturing and supportive of each individual child. The ideal candidate is someone dedicated to the development of the whole child, with a passion for teaching within this age group.
Qualifications & Skills:
- A Bachelor of Education Degree in Primary/Junior or Equivalent;
- A member, in good standing, with the Ontario College of Teachers.
- Undergraduate studies in Early Childhood Development or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years’ direct teaching experience within this grade level.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to adjust style to communicate to different audiences (i.e., children, parents, staff, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of child development and the latest education theories and practices.
- A commitment towards continued professional growth and development.
- Demonstrated passion for the intellectual, social and emotional development of children within this age group with creativity, flexibility and problem solving abilities.
- Willingness and enthusiasm towards participating in the co-curricular program and school community.
- Experience within an Independent School environment considered an asset.
We invite all qualified candidates to submit a cover letter and resume (combined in one document) to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than November 17, 2017. Please indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for your interest; however only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.
Bayview Glen is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Please contact our Human Resources Department for assistance if required.