TMS School (TMS) is a flagship Montessori and a welcoming International Baccalaureate (IB) School located in Richmond Hill with students ranging in age from 18 months to 18 years. TMS, an independent, not-for-profit school, is a member of CIS and accredited by CCMA, CAIS and the IBO. Our Mission is to deliver a seamless, internationally-acclaimed educational experience designed to inspire and challenge students to discover the best of who they are and to achieve their full potential.
TMS is inviting applications for the following contract position:
Human Resources Coordinator
Contract – duration to be determined
TMS is a thriving School with a strong faculty and staff, and a desire to remain an employer of choice for top talent. Due to a medical absence, the School has a contract position available for an uncertain duration of not less than three months. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for administering the Human Resources function for an employee complement of about 140 salaried and hourly staff.
- Administers the contract administration process.
- Manages recruitment, selection, and placement activities for the School, including advertisements, review of applications, recommendations, screening, interviewing, and reference checking
- Counsels employees and managerial staff on applicable School Human Resources policies, procedures, and legal obligations
- Facilitates the job evaluation process, ensures job evaluation policies and procedures are adhered to
- Maintains records pertaining to past and current employees consistent with good practice and government regulations
- Maintains the HR Database
- University education, CHRP preferred.
- Three or more years of relevant experience
- Able to communicate effectively with employees from diverse backgrounds
- Possesses sound administrative experience
The successful candidate must be an energetic team player excited by the opportunity to contribute to an exceptional school. TMS offers a competitive salary and benefits plan, opportunities for professional development and the opportunity to work in a vibrant, collegial workplace. A current Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check is a condition of employment.
If you believe that a challenging, innovative environment is the perfect fit for you, please submit your resume along with a covering letter to:
Human Resources at email@example.com by:
November 19, 2017
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available for applicants with accessibility needs due to disability upon request. For more information on TMS please visit our Web site at www.tmsschool.ca