Employment Terms: Full-Time, One-Year Contract
Start Date: As soon as possible
Branksome Hall, a leading independent International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for girls challenges and inspires girls to love learning and shape a better world. Through the unique combination of a wellness mindset, outstanding academics and global engagement opportunities, Branksome Hall students and employees become transformational leaders. The school offers a strong liberal arts curriculum that develops critical thinking and inquiry skills. Our graduates are accepted by the leading universities in Canada and around the world.
The Database Specialist will assist in day-to-day data related tasks including answering user requests for information and reporting-related inquiries, providing time estimates for resolution, resolving issues and following up with users. The successful candidate will also be responsible for supplying data to external organizations, helping to maintain data consistency between systems, developing reporting tools, and providing end user training where required. This role is a one-year contract position and will work under the direction of the Database Administrator.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to user request for access to data;
- Data import and export tasks;
- Provide summary data for reporting to the Ministry of Education;
- Assist in developing reports and reporting tools;
- Assist with requests on technical issues from staff, students and parents;
- Recommend process improvements to the database reporting processes;
- Participate and contribute to departmental planning meetings;
- Conduct research on reporting products, services.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- College Diploma or University Degree in the field of computer science, technology with 2 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Working technical knowledge of T-SQL, SSIS, Access, Excel, Crystal Reports, SQL Reporting Server, XML;
- Experience working with Windows and Windows Server operating systems;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Experience working with SQL Server, Blackbaud products, Trevlac;
- Hands-on experience with data import/export and integrity checking;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability present ideas in a user-friendly language;
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required;
- Highly self-motivated and directed with a proven record of initiating positive changes;
- Keen attention to detail with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Willingness to learn about evolving technologies to meet evolving school needs.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position please visit the careers page on our website and apply by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, November 13, 2017.
Branksome Hall is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in all parts of the recruitment and selection process at Branksome Hall.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about Branksome Hall, please visit http://www.branksome.on.ca